Carmelo “Melo” Anthony, the professional basketball player who plays for the NBA’s New York Kicks, hits the big 3-0 today.
In celebration of his 30th birthday and his successful trajectory, we’ve compiled some facts about the renowned and talented athlete.
11 Facts about “Melo”
1. Anthony’s NBA career began on June 26, 2003, when he was chosen in the first round of the 2003 NBA Draft by the Denver Nuggets.
2. Since 2011 he has formed part of the New York Knicks.
3. He is half Puerto-Rican and half African-American.
4. He’s married to former MTV VJ and actress Alani “La La” Vazquez, who is also of Puerto Rican descent.
5. Together they have a 7-year-old son named Kiyan Carmelo Anthony.
6. One of his best friends is Miami Heat’s basketball player, LeBron James.
7. Both played at the 2012 Summer Olympics and won gold medal with Team USA.
8. Anthony had a previous gold medal at the 2008 Olympics and bronze medal at the Olympics in 2004 with Team USA.
9. Word on the street is that he allegedly bought a pet camel.
10. He’s a sucker for mob movies, such as “Scarface,” “The Godfather,” “Goodfellas” and “Casino.”
11. He was named to the All-Star team seven times and to the All-NBA team six times.
11. Anthony is the only player to appear on the cover of all three EA Sports basketball franchises (NCAA March Madness, NBA Live and NBA Street).
We hope you enjoyed and happy birthday “Melo”!
Like what you’re reading? Check out our partner site VOXXI